Hello everyone! I’m back today to share with you my take on the DIY Fidget Spinners that have taken the internet by storm. I will be sharing two different method with you guys where you will need very little supplies. Read along as I show you how I choose to make it.
Too get started you will need:
- Cardboard (cardstock or decorative paper)
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Wooden dowel
- Straw (stirrer & toothpick)
- Thumb tacks (two per spinner)
1. Start by creating the fidget spinner template. To do so you will need four of the washers. Lay then out to create the Fidget spinner shape. It should look something like this.
Use one of the washers to smoothly connect the Circles.
2. Cut your template.
3. Cut out two of the template out of cardboard (You may choose to cut one out of cardstock paper if you don’t plan on adding any decorative cover).
I also made a mark one of the same “circles” on the pieces to help line them up evenly later.
4. Use your hot glue gun or any glue of your choice to glue three washers on each end to add weight the Fidget spinner to make it spin.
5. Use the cardstock or the other cardboard piece to cover the washers.
6. Use an object like an awl tool to create a hole in the middle that is as big as the object that you will use in the middle to make it spin.
I tried a few different methods and they all worked pretty well. For this one I used a coffee stirrer with a piece of toothpick inside for sturdiness.
7. Cut two circular pieces of cardboard (mine were the size of a penny). I also use a piece of decorative tape to add a decretive touch.
8. Cut the stirrer and toothpick long enough to go through the hole. Place the toothpick inside the stirrer and glue them on one of the circular cardboard pieces try your best to center it and allow it to dry.
9. Feed it through the hole, add a dab of glue on the top and center the other piece in place. Once dry make sure everything spins freely and Voila! You just made your own Fidget Spinner.
Bottle cap Fidget Spinner:
1. Use one cap for the center and glue three other caps on the side while trying to keep the spacing in between even.
If you are a perfectionist collect seven bottle caps and arrange the like this
Then remove every other one and you will get the same result.
2. Add the washers on each of the outside caps using the hot glue to add weight
3. Use the nasal of the glue gun to create a hole in the cap that is in the middle
4. To create the center you will need a piece of straw two thumb tacks a piece of wooden dowel longer than the straw.
5. Cut a piece of straw the same height as the cap and glue it in place (I’m using a jumbo).
Cut a circle the size of the bottle cap, cut a hole to match the size of the straw an glue it to cover the open part of the bottle cap.
5. Push a thumbtack in one side of the dowel and through the straw. (Since I was using a jumbo straw the thumbtacks were sliding through. to fix the issue I made two glue dots and glue them on the thumbtacks.
Feel free to decorate your Spinner to your liking.
I had a lot of fun making these I hope you give it a try. If you have any questions feel free to leave them bellow. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Let me know which one is your favorite in the comment section bellow..